Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2021

Spreadsheet for Evaluating Possible Dividend Capture Covered Calls

Below is an Excel spreadsheet format developed specifically to estimate potential annualized return-on-investments for Covered Calls with companies having good investment potential and with ex-dividend dates prior to the options expiration dates.  I thought I would share this since some of you might want to use a similar spreadsheet format.  

I did this spreadsheet this morning during pre-market hours (i.e. before the market opened).  For each company, I look at some different expiration dates and strike prices before selecting my preferred combination and entering it on the spreadsheet.  In my case, I'm looking for positions that would most likely meet the criteria I've developed for my Dividend Capture Strategy.  

After market open this morning, I made a decision to enter buy/write limit orders for LNC and NTAP, but neither one executed today.  That's okay with me since I almost always enter Covered Calls limit orders at the net debit price that I would like to pay.  Sometimes they execute and sometimes they don't -- and that's fine with me.