Search This Blog

Saturday, December 29, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

Do you make New Year’s Resolutions?
Sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t – but I’ve decided on two for 2008:

1. Lose Weight – As of two months ago, I had reached my highest weight ever at 220 pounds; which is way above my desired weight of 175. I joined a health club on November 1, 2007 and have been exercising every day (except Christmas eve and Christmas day) since. This exercising, along with better nutrition, has enabled me to lose 15 pounds so far and I resolve to continue daily exercise and to return to 175 pounds in 2008. By the way, here’s the best book available on good nutrition: Link to "Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy"

2. Bible Reading – I will be reading the entire Bible beginning on Jan 1, 2008 and completing it on Dec 31, 2008. This might sound like a difficult task, but it is actually surprisingly easy, as it requires a commitment of only 15-20 minutes of reading every day. “The One Year Bible” (Link here) provides conveniently organized readings for each day of the year from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs. There is also an excellent blog (Link to One Year Bible Blog) that is updated daily and provides valuable educational insights related to each day’s readings.

I hope you will consider making your own resolutions for 2008. In any case, my best wishes to you for a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2008!

God Bless You,

Jeff